From two walk-in closets, two additional rolling racks, and another smaller closet of clothing and shoes, this client wanted to:
– Downsize her wardrobe
– Choose clothes appropriate for her new career
– Organize clothes for easy access
– Create a sleek, ’boutique’ feel to her main closet
This client has had three different careers, all of which required different formal wardrobes. She is now moving from corporate environments to a more relaxed work setting and lifestyle. Also, she recently dropped a dress size. As a result, her closets were full of clothes that no longer reflected who she is now.
My time was 6.5 hours onsite.
During our work day, the client and I:
– Emptied her upstairs closet
– Cleaned closet shelves and bins
– ‘Shopped’ for favorite 10% of clothes to immediately return to the closet
– Moved formal wear and winter clothing to downstairs closet
– Sorted closet drawers, including paperwork and receipts
– Designated plastic storage bins for different sportswear and travel items
– Folded clothes in bins using the Marie Kondo method for easy access
– Made labels for bins
To create an elegant ’boutique’ feel to the space, I recommended upgrading her plastic hangers to wooden hangers and drawer dividers to valet trays, and also to take some of her nicer shoes out of their boxes.
This was in service of displaying her clothes and shoes so that she can enjoy their beauty every day.
Finally, this client is a serious athlete, and so I encouraged her to display all of her hard-earned race ribbons and awards in her closet as a means to celebrate her accomplishments.